SEOUL – South Korea’s SK Inc said on Tuesday it signed an agreement with TerraPower, a U.S. venture founded by billionaire Bill Gates, to tap opportunities in connection with small-sized nuclear power reactors, called small modular reactors. SK Inc, the holding company for South Korea’s second-largest conglomerate SK Group, said in a statement it signed the agreement along with affiliate SK Innovation Co Ltd. The statement did not mention any investment details."South Korea’s SK ties up with Bill Gates’ TerraPower for nuclear power opportunities"
– Australia’s Brambles Ltd said on Tuesday European private-equity firm CVC Capital Partners has ended preliminary talks with the company over a potential A$20 billion ($14 billion) takeover offer, citing external market volatility. The development comes a day after the Australian logistics firm confirmed it was evaluating the offer, which would have been one of the biggest private-equity-backed takeovers in the country. It had not put a number on the deal. Shares of Brambles dropped…"Australia’s Brambles ends $14 billion takeover talks with CVC Capital"
BOSTON – Investment firm Tiger Global, which has lost billions of dollars in this year’s technology stock meltdown, increased its stakes during the first quarter in several companies that have been especially hard hit by the selloff, a regulatory filing shows. Tiger Global boosted its holding in consumer internet company Sea Limited by 18% to own 13.5 million shares on March 31, according to a filing made on Monday. Sea Limited’s stock price has tumbled…"Tiger Global raised stakes in some tech names battered by year’s rout -filing"
– Aircraft lessor SMBC Aviation Capital said on Monday it had reached an agreement to buy rival Dublin-based Goshawk Aviation for $6.7 billion in enterprise value."Aircraft lessor SMBC to buy rival Goshawk in $6.7 billion deal"
-ManTech International Corp on Monday accepted a $3.93 billion all-cash buyout deal from private equity firm Carlyle Group Inc, sending the U.S. defense contractor’s shares up 11%. Carlyle said it had offered $96 per share, representing a 17% premium to ManTech’s closing on Friday. The enterprise value of the deal stood at $4.2 billion. The deal comes at a time the outlook for mergers and acquisitions in the defense sector has been uncertain after arms…"U.S. defense contractor ManTech accepts Carlyle’s $3.9 billion buyout deal"
– JetBlue Airways Corp on Monday commenced a hostile all-cash takeover bid for Spirit Airlines Inc, days after the discount carrier rejected an offer from the larger rival. JetBlue, which had earlier offered $33 per share, is locked in a takeover battle for Spirit with Frontier Group Holdings and has argued a deal will help better compete with the “Big Four” U.S. airlines that control nearly 80% of the passenger market. In a letter to…"JetBlue launches hostile takeover bid for Spirit Airlines"
– Holcim AG on Sunday said it signed a binding agreement for Adani Group to acquire Holcim’s business in India. Adani Group to acquire Holcim’s full stakes in Ambuja Cement Ltd and ACC Ltd for 6.4 billion Swiss francs ($6.39 billion) ($1 = 1.0017 Swiss francs)"Adani Group to acquire Holcim’s India business for $6.39 billion"
DUBAI – Emirates Telecommunications Group Company PJSC, now known as (e&), said on Saturday it has acquired a 9.8% stake in Vodafone for $4.4 billion. The move came days after e& said it is looking to expand into new markets in Africa, Europe and Asia and in areas outside telecoms such as financial technology as its seeks to drive growth. The United Arab Emirates-based telecommunications firm said it made the investment to gain “significant exposure…"Emirates Telecommunications acquires 9.8% stake in Vodafone"
– SMBC Aviation Capital, one of the world’s biggest aircraft lessors, is nearing a deal to acquire smaller rival Goshawk for about $7 billion, including debt, people familiar with the matter said on Friday. The deal between the two privately held, Dublin, Ireland-based lessors could be announced as soon as next week, the sources said, speaking on condition of anonymity. It would create a global aircraft leasing giant as consolidation sweeps the industry. Last year,…"Aircraft lessor SMBC Aviation nears $7 billion deal for rival Goshawk, sources say"
-Elon Musk tweeted on Friday that his $44-billion cash deal for Twitter Inc was “temporarily on hold” while he waits for the social media company to provide data on the proportion of its fake accounts. Twitter shares initially fell more than 20% in premarket trading, but after Musk, the chief executive of electric car market Tesla Inc, sent a second tweet saying he remained committed to the deal, they regained some ground. The shares were…"Musk says $44 billion Twitter deal on hold over fake account data"